The PiZero is a fantastic low-priced device but new users just need a helping hand to get started setting one up.
I like helping people but my wife objects when it costs her money so this is my solution.
You purchase a PiZero and post it to me (or have it delivered direct to me if PiHiut/Pimoroni will do that for you)
Include an extra £5 or so and then I’ll
- Solder on a full-sized socket underneath the PiZero so you can plug in a standard WiFi dongle without it sticking out
- Solder on a connector for the GPIO pins so you can plug in standard Pi Add-on boards
(Any type of header can be specified – standard, socket instead of pins, right angle, extended header etc)
- Setup a microSD card so you can plug your PiZero via USB into a computer so you can program and use it with without an extra keyboard/mouse/screen
- Additional extras: Simple 3D printed case
Pricing depends upon options selected -I can source the connectors/SD card or you can send them to me with PiZero.
Examples (rough at moment):
- Just add standard GPIO pins – £2
- Full package – Extended header + USB socket for WiFi dongle + WiFi dongle + SD card supplied and setup + case – £15
Return postage/packaging options are entirely your choice at cost + 20p shoe leather 🙂
If interested then tweet me @cymplecy or email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave comment here